Amano shrimp are one of the most useful animals in the aquarium hobby, and they are very attractive dwarf shrimp as well! They grow about twice as large as dwarf shrimp, attaining a maximum size of over two inches! Their bodies are translucent with a bluish tint, and are covered in small, dark red dots.
Amano shrimp are totally peaceful, and are great additions to shrimp tanks with other dwarf shrimp species as they will not interbreed with other dwarf shrimp or eat shrimp fry.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
– pH level range: 6.0 – 7.6
– Temperature range: 60° – 80° F
– Water type: Slightly hard water
– Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, etc.), various types of snails (such as Nerite Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
– Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for – similar to other dwarf shrimp species. However, these shrimp are particularly difficult to breed, and very few aquarium breeders have found success breeding them in captivity. Amano shrimp prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants (such as java moss, willow hygro, green cabomba, etc.). This is because amano shrimp like the cover that plants provide, they love to graze on the plants for algae, and the plants help keep the water clean for them.
These shrimp feature translucent bodies with a bluish tint, covered in small, dark red dots.
Amano shrimp are widely known as the single best algae eating shrimp in the world. They even eat hair algae, thread algae, and beard algae!
Dwarf shrimp are very small and are not ideal for aquariums with medium to large-sized fish. Please research dwarf shrimp before purchasing to ensure compatibility with your tank’s inhabitants.
Grows larger than any other dwarf shrimp in the hobby. The amano shrimp we ship out range from 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches in length.
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support directly from the owners!
Frequently Bought Together
This item: 10 Live Amano Shrimp (Yamato shrimp) - 1"+ Adults! - BEST Algae Eating Shrimp In The World! + Java Moss by InvertObsession$23.95
1 LARGE 5"x5" Portion of Java Moss (25 Square Inches of Moss!) Live Aquatic Aquarium Plant by InvertObsession$0.00
3 Giant Marimo Moss Balls - 2" to 3", 8-15 years old! - OVER 5x AS LARGE AS NANO MARIMO! - Great for live fish, shrimp, and snails! by InvertObsession$13.95
Brazilian Pennywort (LARGE, Multiple 8-12" Stems) - Fast Growing and Vibrantly Colored Stem Plant - Live Aquarium Plant by InvertObsession$7.95